2001 Pathfinder LE Idle 1,500 to 1,750..

JDLambo

Any help would be greatly appreciated!. Splat helped me with the ECCS2 10 amp fuse. Thanks a bunch, it now turns over!

Okay. So the issue is my idle speed fluctuates between 1,500 and 1,750 RPM. It just goes up and down..

Prior issue to this point:

-Truck started sputtering, and would die if I let my foot off the accelerator, then after a week or two it all together died and did not turn over after that..

Parts I replaced:

-MAF sensor (no apparent damage, but changed it anyway)

-Computer (chip inside was burned, got it repaired for $90 at myairbags.com)

-IACV replaced (saw that there was a lot of corroding on the motor. This seems like the cause to many problems on the forum)

-TPS Throttle position sensor (replaced this too, not sure I put it on correctly. This could be the issue..)

-Myairbags told me to replace IACV and TPS or my repair warranty would be voided and the computer would burn up again

-New battery

-ECCS2 10 amp fuse (Thanks Splatmaster!)

So my truck did not turn on until I put the ECCS2 10 amp fuse in today. Yeah. So happy!

Tried the below idle learning steps in this youtube video, without success.

1. Accelerator peddle release position

2. Throttle valve close position

3. Idle Air Volume Learning Procedure (My notes: In this video, it says the Service Engine light starts blinking after 11 sec pressing the gas peddle, but that didn't happen on my truck... This could be an indication of the issue??)

Can someone point me in the right direction? Please and much appreciated!!

Jon Lambert

404-406-1188

If that learning procedure didn't complete successfully that could just be your issue.

And it will probably relearn on it's own with time.

I recently had the battery out of my Pontiac and when I first started it afterwards the idle was all over the place and seemed like it might die.

But a 20 minute drive later it was fine. It just had lost it's long-term fuel trim values from memory and needed to repopulate that from closed loop operation.

Or you may have an issue with your IACV installation like you suggest. Vacuum leaks can cause this behavior.

Does anyone know why the "Service Engine Soon" light on my vehicle does not start to blink during the Re-Learn procedures in the video above? It talks about it at 2:25 on the video clock.

Ran the scan and came up with P0505.

Help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Jon

On my older Pathfinder, I suspected the Idle Air Control Valve. That's what P0505 points to. In that case, it was as simple as a bad connection at the IAC valve. That made me a happy camper as everyone I asked said the IAC valve for that Pathfinder was in the $400.00 range. That was a 91 and others said that the same valve was used on other Nissans and was much cheaper. Fortunately, I never had to go that route. But if the Valve is bad on your model, perhaps the same substitution is possible. If it isn't a simple connector problem, first I Would remove the valve assembly and and use an electronic cleaner spray. Then if the problem isn't corrected, I would probably do an Amazon search for for the assembly or just the valve that is probably just fastened into the assembly. I have found Amazon to be a lot less expensive than many Auto Parts Stores.