Location of Stock Non-Bose Amp?

RhinoLinedR50

Hey Guys,

I have a little problem with my trucks radio. Not getting any power to my radio and my fuses are fine. I checked my head unit by installing it in another car and that worked no problem. My only other concern is either the wires are shot or my pathfinder's radio amp is blown. I tried to look up the location of this amp, however, other bloggers put a lot of attention on the stock bose setup. I don't believe this model has the bose amp. If anyone can help me with the location of the 98 SE radio amp that would be awesome. Just to get an idea what amp it may be here is the stock head unit that came with the truck.

49B3h6.jpg

Here is another picture of the location others have suggested on another form. Clearly there is no amp there.

7XwJv6.jpg

If you're not getting power to the head unit, that issue is unrelated to the presence/absence of an amp, which is wired AFTER the head unit to the speaker outputs. If you don't have a BOSE amp, then the amp is built into the head unit. You'll have to check the power wires at the radio harness and the fuse terminals for power.

If you're not getting power to the head unit, that issue is unrelated to the presence/absence of an amp, which is wired AFTER the head unit to the speaker outputs. If you don't have a BOSE amp, then the amp is built into the head unit. You'll have to check the power wires at the radio harness and the fuse terminals for power.

Thank you XPLORx4