Opinions for a potential R50

urbpath

Hi,

I am in the market for an R50 - I've come across a 2004 Chinook with leather, with 140,000 KMs. Beautiful condition in and out. The owner has done OME suspension, 15" AE alloys with duratracs - all parts done 2 years ago. They're asking 11,900 with all the parts. I think that's too high. It has an $8000 claim from 2005 - passenger door was hit. Original owner, they said no issues or leaks or anything.

I love the way it looks, but the accident and higher price is throwing me off...

What's your opinion?

Thanks!

Not a chance it's worth that much.
My 2001 SE 3.5 was 2500 with 220K. Definitely doesn't have OME shocks though. If the passenger door was hit I'd be cautious of the structural integrity of the subframe, I'm not entirely sure how strong these are but I'm sure a small bend in the frame and some rust could get pretty bad. Pathfinders in my area are usually between 3000 and 5000, and I'm only a four hour drive away from Vancouver.

On a side note: I could've sworn seeing someone saying they have 15" rims that rubbed on the side of the brake caliper. Mine came with 16 stock. Who knows.

Edited by ChemExposure

I paid $8000 for my 2002 QX4 and I know that was too much. Mine was stock, but also relatively low miles (125k) and excellent condition. At that price, it would be cheaper to get a $5-6000 one (would still be able to find a good one in that price range), fix it up, and mod it. OME suspension and tires and stuff sound good and all, but that can't be much more than 3K. Also, the fact that it's modified and has been in an accident would make me cautious about hidden issues. Used 4x4s that have been used offroad may look appealing, but you'll be better off in the long run getting a stock one that was well maintained.