Help! Can't figure out my blend door problem!

whatchugot12

Can't understand why my blend door is stuck with the vents on "face". This time of year I had the heat on and when I changed to defrost while on a high setting it "broke" and is stuck on face. Any videos or suggestions for the repair would be greatly appreciated!

BTW, it's a 2001 Pathfinder SE 3.5L 4x4 5spd manual if that helps along with manual heat and air control panel. Thanks!!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Can't understand why my blend door is stuck with the vents on "face". This time of year I had the heat on and when I changed to defrost while on a high setting it "broke" and is stuck on face. Any videos or suggestions for the repair would be greatly appreciated!

BTW, it's a 2001 Pathfinder SE 3.5L 4x4 5spd manual if that helps along with manual heat and air control panel. Thanks!!!

Vacuum problem maybe.

sent by MrCox in Lenoir City, TN

Vacuum problem maybe.

Any chance of getting a video or some type of visual instruction for repair? I'd really appreciate it.

Any chance of getting a video or some type of visual instruction for repair? I'd really appreciate it.

To be honest I don't know much about the HVAC system. The blend door might work off vacuum but I really don't know. Check all hoses going into the firewall for rips or tears on passenger side under hood. It's just a guess though. Also check the FSM factory manual on your year and model vehicle.

Just saw this. None of the 2001 Pathfinder HVAC runs on vacuum. It is all cable driven for temp and vent output. Search my posts on the forum. It should come up. If I can remember I will search at home on my laptop.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Just saw this. None of the 2001 Pathfinder HVAC runs on vacuum. It is all cable driven for temp and vent output. Search my posts on the forum. It should come up. If I can remember I will search at home on my laptop.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Thanks for clearing that up. I was so wrong!! Lol!!!