Air mix door not working

notroveil

The air mix door doesn't seem to be working. It could be the motor but haven't started troubleshooting all that yet, its cold out haha. Does anyone know if you can just manually move the air mix door so it will produce heat? The bar is still attached to the motor but it won't budge if I try to move it by hand. Any idea's?

Auto HVAC? I don't think there's any manual override for the blend door, but I haven't had to mess with it. I stared at mine when I had the dash off, moved the slider around to watch the little servo motors move, and hoped I'd never have to troubleshoot that particular system.

My temp fix would be to remove the motor (if you can get to it), move the linkage until you get hot air out the vents, then zip-tie it so it stays there. Then take the motor inside and see if a little prodding will bring it back to life. I did take one of mine apart just for the hell of it and it looked pretty simple inside. It might just need the contacts cleaned.

Thanks for the reply. Yes it is auto AC. Ill probably try to remove the motor tonight. Was looking at it last night and looked like a little pita. I was hoping I could move the motor linkage by hand just to open the door but it won't move at all.

Yeah, and probably best not to force it and break something inside. Good luck getting it out, like I said the only way I got a good look at it was when the dash was out. Hopefully there's enough room to get to it without pulling the dash or growing an extra joint in your arm.

I was able to get it mostly loose but there is so little room I wasn't able to disconnect the bar. I'll give it another go tonight. Good news is I was able to move the motor enough to open the mix door and have heat again!

• 2 weeks later...