New Pathfinder Owner...Mint 94 4x4 V6-XE

Bluekatana650

After a year of trying to buy this 94 Pathfinder from my sister-in-law that's been sitting in her backyard, (she owns a pristine 95 Hardbody 4x4) she finally relented (aka: needed the money) and I picked it up for $1k. Mechanically sound, 4x4 works great, smooth ride. Overall a great deal. Few cosmetic issues (front bumper crunched, building a bull bar anyway) and it had a ton of electrical issues. Upgraded all gauge and instrument lights to LED while tracing down no power to lights. Dome and map lights upgraded to LED grids (SUPER BRIGHT), and a cheap blue tooth stereo.

I work as a Robotics and Automation Technician for Toyo Tires North America, so naturally it'll be wearing a set of Toyo Open Country MTs as well, but trying to figure out sizing. We (and every other tire manufacturer) have limited selection of 15in tires, so I'm debating buying a used tire/rim set to move up to 16in. (looking at a set of 33x12R16 BFG on Bullet Hole rims - set of 5)

I ride a motorcycle year round, so the Pathfinder will be my backup on REALLY CRAPPY DAYS and I'm in the Georgia Guard, so for local deployment or drill dates, I can jump in and go, and already have all my gear in the back.. Or if I need to pick up my two boys (9 & 3)...

Last SUV was a 01 Expedition 4x4, and I LOVED IT, but I have to say, I am already experiencing the advantages of a smaller body SUV. I'm a hiker, runner, camper, get in the woods as much as I can (even though I live on 25 acres).
Only other Nissan experience was a pretty straight forward engine swap. KA24de (240sx) into a 1972 Datsun 510 2door. About as plug and play as you can get for a modern EFI into a 70's body. Motor mounts worked, had to shorten the driveshaft, but the splines fit perfect. Nissan won me over during that build.

No immediate plans for major upgrades...YET. Trying to finish a 93 Cobra turbo 5.0 (GT40 setup) into a 71 F100.

I'm also a rambler,,,,,,, Don

• Like 2