Engine stalling issue

Macrow

SO I recently changed out my shift solenoids in my 95 XE 3.0 Automatic 4x4 Pathfinder along with radiator replacement, changed out front 3 belts & alternator. After all is said & done with on changing everything out out & getting new parts installed and ready to start her up. Once i get her started she ran with high idle & after bout 3 seconds to a minute later idle goes way down and she becomes rather sluggish on me. Go to give her a little gas & doesn't really even rev up much at all while still sluggish then engine just stalls out. Wait for a few minutes to try and start up again she turns over starts and only runs for maybe 25 seconds or so before engine stall again. Same thing again 2 more times after.

Wait til morning since it was getting late that night once I go out to start up in morning turns over and runs a only bout 500 rpms and sounds rough and a bit sluggish again she stays running for bout a minute until i try to give her a little gas and then bogs out and engine stalls. Repeat this a couple of times and each time engine stalls out everytime i try to give her any gas. Also died once without giving any gas and each time she only runs for maybe 2 minutes or so at most before stalls out.

I am thinking maybe bad alternator is the cause of this but i am not for certain though so looking for any input on this to see if i can track down the problem. I have read through a lot of posts but didn't see one that had exactly the same issues as i am having so not sure which route to go on it from here? If anyone can shed some light on this for me it would be greatly appreciated. I'm ready to get her up and running again and back on the road.

Alternator would not do that since if it was bad it would be running directly off your battery but still run fine before killing it.

Anyone codes? 02 sensor? Ignition Timing? Vacuum leak? Air intake leak?

No not throwing any codes at all it has only showed code 55 saying there is no malfunction I have been checking all electrical connections to make sure something isn't broken there and all are checking out fine. However when I just tried to start it again a few minutes ago while running before engine stalled out again I did notice a hissing or whistling sound seemed to be coming from the area of the carbon canister or airfilter box but was hard to pin point it's exact location though. I have checked all of the Vacuum hoses which were all recently replaced not long ago & all are intact with no tears or breaks anywhere on them. Mass Air flow sensor has been cleaned. I do however have an extra one which I pulled of my old 95 XE guess maybe wouldn't hurt to replace it just to see if this fixes the issue. Not sure what else could be causing this for me.

You also checked the vacuum hose on the fuel pressure regulator too? It's in the far back near plug since too.

I did check that one out as well and it checked out good also. I am going back out to look at the carbon canister now since I just happened to notice that it seemed to feel a bit loose at bottom of canister as if it was detached or maybe broken from the feel of it but needed to put the led lights on there stands and get them plugged in to get a better look now that it's getting dark out. Will know for sure in just a few.

Update: So finally got her to stay running and at normal idle only to end up with a whole set of new issues. So after got her running and at normal idle howeverwhen i was working my way through the gears while sitting in driveway a rather odd thing went on which was I noticed when I was in reverse it actually started to go forward same when in neutral as well. didn't reaaly notice it grabbing when running through the gears at all when switching in and out of them. So once It started to move forward when in reverse and neutral I shut her down waited a few minutes & started her back up and went through shifting through the gears again which all worked this time except when in neutral she wanted to drive forward again. Shut back down waited few minutes again this time when started up let sit at idle for a moment & now anytime I give her any gas she doesn't do anything but raise rpms no driveability at all in any gear as well as if i try to put her in four wheel drive too doen't do anything acts like she is just stuck in neutral now. Any ideas I am lost without a clue on this one and not even sure where to start on looking for cause and a solution to fix it as well.

Definitely a transmission issue. I would look into the troubleshooting steps for the transmission.

Yeah, I am going with transmission issue as well just a rather strange one at that. Certainly going to dig into the trouble shooting steps & tests listed in the fsm in the morning & hope I can come up with something fromthat. Wondering if maybe could be something bad with the gold transmisson control box behind the passanger side paneling in rear of pathfinder? Whatever it may be though I'm sure hoping to figure it out soon been losing out on a lot of extra work with not having her running making it rather tough to be able to make it to some of the jobs. Will keep updated on if I am able to figure something more out about what is causing it to malfuntion.