Immobilizer Un-Lock Tool question

pato69mx

Hello to you all.

100% Newbie here in Nissan, 2002 Pathfinder SE 3.5L.

A few weeks ago out of the blue the truck didn't start.. crank but no start. Reading I found that possible cause was the immobilizer wasn't recognizing my key (just have one) or the Immobilzer Module (Antenna around the ignition switch) was bad.

That time after some tries and pressing the release switch of the shift stick it worked again...

Last Monday it happened again but it was impossible to do anything.. I tried the 3 times on - off and the battery disconnected for more than an hour... I ended up calling a mechanic that charged me $80.00 to hood up a king of tablet scanner and un-lock it and I was good to go.

He told me it was the Immobilzer Module (Antenna around the ignition switch) and that it may fail pretty fast again... he was right just a day.

I bought a replacement antenna yesterday installed it but still on lock mode (red light on while cranking) tried the 3 times and battery thing but again still dead on the water.

After all that my main question is..... does a standard OBDII Scanner/Reader ( like the ones on the links bellow ) can clear the code and unlock the immobilizer? or is a special scanner for that?

http://www.harborfreight.com/obd-ii-can-code-reader-with-multilingual-menu-62142.html

http://www.harborfreight.com/can-obd-ii-deluxe-scan-tool-60693.html

Thanks in advance is just that I'm deciding in between to buy the OBDII Scanner or calling the guy again...

OBD readers won't work. You need a Consult 2. But if the new antenna and system is working, it might have lost programming and locked out due to the failed start attempts. You could try the home re-pair procedure. Insert your key, turn to on without starting and leave it 5 seconds, remove the key for 5 seconds, repeat 3 times and it is supposed to reset.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

• Like 1

You could also look at the immobilizer bypass modules that are sold by companies like Axxess. I haven't investigated but they may require a working immobilizer to program.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Ok, Murphy's law, easiest solution was the last I tried.

Locksmith shows up and charge me 80 bucks to erase code and tell me is the antenna (inmobilizer module). I dorve home and 2 days ater truck is agian locked. Buy the antenna (used $35.00) installed it and still stuck.... so $130.00 for nothing.

Somebody recommended a friend of a friend, he shows up yesterday at home, tells me is the chip in the Key... Today he shows up and programmed a new key and throws in a remote I didn't have for 50 bucks... everything working now.