PowerTorque Solenoid Questions

Macrow

SO was going to replace my Power Torque Solenoid on my 1995 XE AT 3.0 4x4 Pathfinder yesterday. Once I was getting ready to swap it out with one that came out of another 1995 XE AT 3.0 Pathfinder I noticed a slight bit of difference between the 2 of them which was the one that came out of mine appeared to be a bit wider then the other one as well as the brackets attached to each of them were slightly off from each other as far as depth looked like it would set them into place.

Has anyone else come across this issue or know anything about it as to why they could be different from each other if they are both out of the same year make & model as one another? Just not wanting to move forward on this without looking into it further.

With that being said it also looks like the Power Torque Automatic Transmission Control Solenoid has 2 different options for those. Is there a certain one that I need to use for my 1995 XE or are they both compatible with it? Just not sure if it will be the same type of thing as the Power Torque Solenoid where there is slight bit of difference between the 2?

Any help any members here can give on this would be greatly appreciated to help put me in the right direction on this. I know it may be something that I am just looking to far into & they may all work for it but being that there was a difference in size & depth on the brackets each had it threw up a flag for me to look into it a little bit more before moving along. Thanks.

Where did you order your solenoid from? There are slight changed in solenoids but all of them function the same. When power is applied to the solenoid, it slams shut the valve to prevent bleed off. The solenoids are pretty much all the same for over the decade of the re4r01a

I think I have pictures of the solenoids in my re4r01a rebuild thread.

Ok, thanks I will have a look & see & I haven't ordered the Power Torque Automatic Transmission Control Solenoid yet & the other one came out of a 1995 XE AT 3.0 4x4 Pathfinder I will take some pics shortly & post to give an idea on that one. For what I need to purchase still just was wanting to check & see which ones I should get I was actually just looking at the local part stores in my town here are the links for them.

http://www.oreillyauto.com/site/c/detail/PTQ7/TE208/03644.oap?year=1995&make=Nissan&model=Pathfinder&vi=1212017&ck=Search_C0073_1212017_4802&pt=C0073&ppt=C0338

http://www.oreillyauto.com/site/c/detail/PIO0/771067/03644.oap?year=1995&make=Nissan&model=Pathfinder&vi=1212017&ck=Search_C0073_1212017_4802&pt=C0073&ppt=C0338

I think I have pictures of the solenoids in my re4r01a rebuild thread.

Unless there is a better or cheaper route for ordering this I am all ears on that as well. Will get my pics taken & uploaded shortly for the comparison on the other Solenoid shortly. Thanks again.

Importperformancetrans.com

Thanks will check them out!

Getting my picks uploaded into photobucket now so I can load here let me know what your thoughts are if you would please? Thanks!

Picture2018_zpsivyex5nd.jpg

One on the right is the one that came out of my pathfinder which I noticed to that looks like the little clip part of the metal bracket is not positioned in right spot to stay in it's slot on solenoid which will show in a different picture.

Picture2021_zpsk4d6ohby.jpg

Here yo can see where it looks like it isn't attached properly & this is one out of my pathfinder tried to get the markings on this photo & of the next photo which is of the other solenoid.

Picture2022_zpsjhrscfan.jpg

Pic of the other solenoid as you can see in the photo's as well the difference in the size of each of them as well as depth on each of the brackets.

the other solenoid as I said came out of another 1995 XE AT 3.0 4x4 Pathfinder also so is why the difference between the two on the size and on the brackets as to depths of where each is formed to everything lines up on them.

Picture2018_zpsivyex5nd.jpg

One on the right is the one that came out of my pathfinder which I noticed to that looks like the little clip part of the metal bracket is not positioned in right spot to stay in it's slot on solenoid which will show in a different picture.

markings from one on left are JB214 & next to that is CDB03 & I can't find any sort of cross reference on this part anywhere

Marking from one on the right aright RAV4 which seems to be from Toyota

I'm wondering if it was an aftermarket one as I'm not familiar with it. I have never seen one with ports on the side of the body.

Thanks, yeah I have been searching to see what I can find on it but with no luck I just don't want to put it in to end up finding out something gets messed up & doesn't work having to pull back apart again. Especially since you have to get into the pan to do this. So don't want to have to drain fluid a few different times for this since I know that is not good on the truck either. It goes in the spot for it alright it just seems to sit out a tiny bit more & looks to be a tight stretch on the connector as well.