Rear shock stud size bushing sleeve

Cuong Nguyen

Does anyone know the size of the rear shock stud? I need to know if any generic shock will fit right in or would I need to replace the bushing and sleeve or modify them any? I recall having Ranchos and they fit right in.

I have had mine since 2009, and this is the 2nd pathy they have been on. At least 100k on them. They are a little soft now but they were great when new. Lifetime warranty so I got 2 new ones waiting to go on.

I got a set of Bilsteins (5125 series) from someone on here and they look nice but I could not justify the price of new ones. I am planning on installing those on my Xterra.

Does anyone know the size of the rear shock stud? I need to know if any generic shock will fit right in or would I need to replace the bushing and sleeve or modify them any? I recall having Ranchos and they fit right in.

665c27d121cff1f2e8a215756a43d70e.jpg

Edited by Cuong Nguyen

I bought the kyb shocks for the 99.5 and up for my 99. I have the fluerry 2" kit in mine and these are longer than the stk ones. Found that the mounts were backwards and would have had to install the shock upside-down. I pressed out the bushings and swapped from end to end. Fit great and rides great

I bought the kyb shocks for the 99.5 and up for my 99. I have the fluerry 2" kit in mine and these are longer than the stk ones. Found that the mounts were backwards and would have had to install the shock upside-down. I pressed out the bushings and swapped from end to end. Fit great and rides great