remove/install engine transmission as a unit

Cuong Nguyen

Anyone with any experience with removing and installing the engine and transmission as a single unit?

I'm going to try and tackle this right after work today by myself. I will only just have the engine lift with no load leveler.

Or should I just install engine and do the transmission separate? I have a 3" body lift and solid axle swap up front.

My issue is my passenger side engine mount will not be present as I will need to modify afterwards once the engine is in for placement.

I don't think it is possible unless you cut the whole front end of the engine bay off. The trans fits into that tunnel underneath, how is that gonna slide forward with enough room to clear the tunnel with the engine in front of it? Even if you tried to angle the engine upward, I highly doubt you'd get enough clearance to slide the trans out of the tunnel.

I don't think it is possible unless you cut the whole front end of the engine bay off. The trans fits into that tunnel underneath, how is that gonna slide forward with enough room to clear the tunnel with the engine in front of it? Even if you tried to angle the engine upward, I highly doubt you'd get enough clearance to slide the trans out of the tunnel.

That is a good point even though I would be doing the opposite as the transmission is out currently. It would be very difficult with the t case attached. Thank you for the insight.