Rear license plate relocate

m_lars

So I just picked up a cheap used receiver mounted spare tire carrier. I mostly bought it because it came with a hi-lift and 2 Jerry cans for a little bit more than the cost of a hi-lift. I'm not certain that it'll be installed all the time, and when I'm out and about will probably hang a trasheroo on it so I don't want to mount it on the spare or rack. So, my question is what do you suggest to relocate the license plate on the tailgate? I've looked at cheap lighted trailer mount kits but would love me something that looks less cobbled together. I'm guessing the parts off a truck with factory swing away tire carrier would be hard to come across in my area. Any other bright ideas?

The JY near me has two R50s with tire carriers...and more useful in your case, they also have the OE license plate holder for the driver's side of the liftgate. AFAIK, it uses the same wiring harness and lights, etc., as the setup in the center of the lift gate. You'd presumably just need to take apart the liftgate interior (easy) drill some holes and affix it, the move the wiring over.

I need to make a JY run soon...something I should look into grabbing?