94 Pathfinder(Terrano) dash lights

Ramiro

Hi guys. Recently bought a 94 pathfinder and i wanted to know what simbol lights are behind those 2 little rectangle dashes under the main dash. I know at least 1 is the 4x4 symbol but i wanted to know if there are more because i dont know if they dont work or they simply dont exist. (mainly because my low fuel light never appeared me anywhere..)

I hope you can clarify me..

Regards from Portugal.

On the us spec models,

Left: AT temp warning light and cruise control system on, cruise control set.

Right: rear defrost on, 4x4, and I believe maybe one other? Those are all I can remember. But I don't see why they'd be any different than a European model.

The AT temp light will cycle on with the key like some of the dash lights do. One cruise control light will come one when you flip the cruise control switch, the other cruise light will obviously only come on when you set a speed. Everything on the right side is pretty self-explanatory lol

*** And after posting this I realized it was for a 94 and not a square dash model! My bad! The positions of the lights in the dash will be different but they'll still function in the same, except the cruise control light with the switch, on the round dash the light is in the switch itself.

Sent from inside my potato

Edited by RCWD21
  • Like 1

Next to the 4wd symbol might be a light saying A.T.P. The ATP light comes on when the transfer case is in Neutral and the transmission is in Park. It's there to alert the driver that putting the transmission in Park will not prevent the vehicle from rolling since the axles are disconnected from the transmission's park pawl.

If the transfer case is not actually in Neutral, then it's just a sensor glitch.

This light indicates that the automatic transmission parking function is not engaged. If the transfer control lever is not secured in any drive position while the automatic transmission selector lever is in the P (Park) position, the transmission will disengage and the vehicle may move unexpectedly. Shift the transfer control lever into the 2H, 4H, or 4L position when the warning light comes on

• Like 1