Rear coil spring lift help

RCWD21

I've read and re-read the huge coil spring thread on here along with countless others and I get more and more confused each and every time, I'm shooting for 3 inches of lift with a set of springs out of preferably a grand cherokee since there's tons of them in the yards around here.

I can get coils for $10/15 a piece but my big thing is I've also read that people have gotten the .60 sized coil springs and achieved no lift, obviously I'd like to avoid that.

The main info thread was written way back and I'm sure there's been a ton more info discovered since then but here's what I think is what I need.

I need the front springs out of a JGC with a v8 with 9 coil springs with a free length of 17-18 inches with a wire diameter of .56 to .60.

I've read that springs with 8 coils are no good and anything smaller than .56 doesn't really give any lift. I need at least 3 inches of lift so I'd really like to only have to pull one set of springs.

Also does anyone have any before and after pics that they could post? All the pics in the threads are dead.

I'll sell you some OME extra cheap that are new in the box. With 2" spacers you get a hair over 3"

If you can find the Moog # for the Jeep you could go off their master lift and find the correct length and spring rate. That's what I did on my Monte. It took Station Wagon springs to clear my 275 Mickey Ts.

I'm heading to the JY either Thursday or Saturday. Possibly even both days, and I'm going to go spring hunting. There's a 96 grand cherokee there with 5 in h lift coils all the way in the back and right beside it is a fully stock jeep identical in every way minus a crushed in roof. Hopefully the jeeps clustered in that area have the springs I'm looking for. I'm also looking for a higher spring rate since I'll have a custom rear bumper, tire carrier, and also the occasional camping adventure supplies in back. Plus I'll be towing a 14ft boat and a double jetski trailer when the weather is good.

I absolutely need 3 inches of lift and a higher spring rate. Ride quality isn't my biggest concern since I daily drive a 98 impreza wagon that's like driving on air

Sent from inside my potato

I've read and re-read the huge coil spring thread on here along with countless others and I get more and more confused each and every time, I'm shooting for 3 inches of lift with a set of springs out of preferably a grand cherokee since there's tons of them in the yards around here.

I can get coils for $10/15 a piece but my big thing is I've also read that people have gotten the .60 sized coil springs and achieved no lift, obviously I'd like to avoid that.

The main info thread was written way back and I'm sure there's been a ton more info discovered since then but here's what I think is what I need.

I need the front springs out of a JGC with a v8 with 9 coil springs with a free length of 17-18 inches with a wire diameter of .56 to .60.

I've read that springs with 8 coils are no good and anything smaller than .56 doesn't really give any lift. I need at least 3 inches of lift so I'd really like to only have to pull one set of springs.

Also does anyone have any before and after pics that they could post? All the pics in the threads are dead.

I'll try to find my thread. I know I posted before/after pics when I lifted mine.

Thanks k9! I read your thread a long time ago but never bookmarked it so I couldn't find it again, that's exactly what I was looking for!

I'm going to get that set of lift springs I found and also a set or .56 to .60 JGC springs. For $10/15 a piece if I don't like the lift coils I can resell them to a local jeep club or something. Some of the places I go I'm only on 3 wheels due to fire ditches and deep ruts from rain/swamp so having that longer spring would be peace in the back of my mind from fear of it falling out lol

Edited by RCWD21

I removed a set of FN .56 springs today from a 97 or 98 JGC Laredo with the v8. I had no help so I was on my own. I almost left a few times because I couldn't get the springs out and I broke a ton of bolts (this jeep was a heep) but then I found a few scissor jacks. The first one crumpled like a tin can and then I found this little guy. FYI the passenger side spring comes out easier than the drivers side does. I'll let the pic speak for itself though

60636e780e6e1ca68692f665d2387a3f.jpg