2wd mpg

84gl

I have a 1991se v6 4wd pathy and it gets about 12-16 mpg that we use for towing camping etc. I was wondering about the 2wd pathys if they got any better milage because I have run across a low milage 1994 se v6 2wd for $1300 and wanted know to know if it would make a good work car. We have been driving Subarus for years as daily drivers but they are getting hard to find parts for in my area so, we are looking for alternative replacements. There are quite a few hardbodys in local junkyards, so parts are fairly easy to find. It would be nice to have another pathfinder that's was fairly easy on gas. Having it as a daily driver 4wd is not nesscary. I would like to know if it gets 18-20 mpg which would be the same as our 4cly 4wd frontier which is bearable with my 70 mile round trip to work everyday since my Subaru died from rust because of the lack of body parts new or used Nissan does not have this problem you can still by new body parts and weld in rust repair panels which you can't for Subaru

I think you'll find that the pathfinder, whether 2wd or 4x4, will get about the same distance out of a tank of fuel. The rwd may have 150 lbs less running gear but that doesn't make much of a difference once it is up to speed, the motor is still a guzzlin at 12-15 mpg...

Thanks I guess I will hunt down a ka24e 2wd hardbody for a daily driver but it's still hard too pass up a 121k pathy for 1300

• 6 years later...

From personal experience I have found a few factors to take effect on how well the MPG is or isn't.

First off thanks to how the old Automatics were it's much easier to get fair MPG with a Manual.

Also tire weight is another factor. My current set of tires are the Firestone Destination XT's in 31x10.50x15. these are 5 LBS lighter a piece compared to the BFG KO2 in the same size. Doesn't sound like much but it makes a difference as it requires less power to move them and keep them moving.

Also if you don't try to drive for MPG then it becomes a pain to get good MPG.