New shocks for my 94 Pathy

Lariat

I'm new to NPORA, and to Pathfinders in general. I have been slowly but surely getting my 94 Pathy road worthy. I just got some KYB Gr-2 shocks for front and rear, not wanting to rebuild for the adjustable shocks. What my question is, the invoice says, "Nissan GR-2 Gas shock, front fitment, KYB Part Number 344430, does not include models with Adjustable Suspension." So does that mean these shocks fit trucks without adjustable suspension, or that they are a replacement for the shocks that have adjustable suspension? The language just doesn't make sense to me. Also, the rear shocks, KYB Part number 344045, have same description and are designated GM GR-2 Gas shock, which to me looks like a shock that would fit some GM trucks also. right?

It doesn't matter. The adjustable suspension shocks are the same length/mounting points/whatever. You just unplug them, zip tie the connector out of the way, and install new shocks, easy.

• Like 1

Got some new information this morning. It seems that the KYB numbers, 344045 (rear), and 344430 (front), are for vehicles that did not have adjustable suspension shocks. The numbers from KYB that I am now getting is that the correct replacement shocks for a 4WD 94 Pathfinder that came with adjustable shocks would be KG5476 for fronts and KG5438 for the rears. Any comments would be appreciated!

I'm not sure why they would be different. I don't have time at the moment to look but is there a difference in the length for those part numbers or something? Because I know for a fact you can just take the adjustable ones out and put in the normal shocks. They are just shocks with a valve in them.

Thanks again Adamzan. I got some more information this morning from KYB Americas. KYB said that the universal replacement shocks for the Pathfinder are listed as the 344045 ®, and 344430 (F). However, these shocks are not for those vehicles that were supplied with factory adjustable suspension. If these shocks are used on a vehicle that came with the adjustable suspension, as did my Pathfinder, then they will not be covered by any warranties and are not considered adequate to replace the factory adjustable shocks, even though they fit. However the KYB KG5476 (F), and KG5438® are designed to replace the factory adjustable shocks with a non-adjustable shock. The KGs are not adjustable but are beefier and a step up from the GR-2s and are covered under full warranty as a replacement shock for the 4wd Pathfinder. Of course no electric hookup, that is bypassed. So I'm sending back the GR-2s and reordering the KGs per KYB recommendation and also my local parts house! Hope this feed helps others buying shocks.