Don't buy a Duralast Distributor...

Simple... Just don't do it.

I am now on my third Duralast distributor from Autozone. They sell them with a lifetime warranty for $220 and are complete junk.

I think the issue is the heatsink which is responsible for transferring heat. When the car gets hot, it doesn't transfer heat fast enough and shorts out the camshaft position sensor. Car will just continue to crank.

This is not the only occurrence of product issues and I would altogether stay away from the Duralast brand. I am on the third distributor after tracking down and replacing everything I (and the forum) could think of. They offered to refund me, but I need to be able to drive while waiting for the next one to arrive.

The newest one is clearly manufactured by a different company so maybe it isn't complete junk. It has a blue wire instead of the black and yellow one. I will keep you guys posted.

I just wanted to let everyone know to avoid this brand!

• Like 1

Yup that sucks. I believe I paid $320? for mine from the Nissan Dealer? Its one of the items that, well our Nissans are picky about. Cheap knock off? Nope, wont work. Its like trying to run the cheap plugs. Nope, unless its NGK. The engine doesnt like it. Oh, same with the spark plug wires. I ran a set of Napa Premiums for awhile. Developed a miss, ohm'd em out. Check good!? Put on some NGK from Amazon. Miss gone. Same Ohm values. /shrug

• 2 weeks later...