My 88 SE-V6

Brad251

Wow, super clean truck!

Looks like the torsion bars sagged out on the front. Stock should sit close to level with the rear.

If it's glued, a heat gun and some patience, with a follow up with an adhesive remover wheel would be your best bet.

The guy I bought it from said he adjusted the torsion to stock specs. I suspected he was not correct. Its very bumpy ride. So they may need to be re indexed and or some shocks. Not sure yet.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

bbb628cb77e3e29cd3049ea13e6e0e8c.jpg

I actually have a tool that may work. Its made for removing 3m tape that holds things together. Just to separate them. If u think it'll work.

• Like 1

Yeah. The difference in height between the bottom of the steering stop on the control arm and the center of the pivot bolt should be between 1 3/4 to 1 7/8 of an inch.

It looks like yours is almost on the bump stops.

That tool should work, I'd still heat it up a bit to soften the adhesive.

Edited by PathyAndTheJets
  • Like 1

I knew something wasn't right about it. Haven't had a chance to jack it up and adjust it yet. Thanks for the measurements. Its pretty clean. Has about half of the issues all of them have: small rust spots under back seat, headlight switch issues with only 1 bright coming on. Also I'm pretty sure that's the original spare on the back.