Leak on steering cooling pipes

Hi folks,

since a while, I have a leak on my steering cooling system :

69644620160403134644.jpg

89388620160403134718.jpg

I have to refill regularly. So first of all, I have replace the hose ( 49725MB on the next schema) two times.
The first time was with a hose that the guy from the shop told me it should fit, but it has a bit bigger inside diameter so I replace it in a short time by an another I found, with an inside diameter a bit smaller that the original one.
But the dman leak is still here :angry:

So, I begin to consider replacing the aluminium pipe, the one in red :

749419497B003.png

What do you think about this move guys ?
I'm not completely sure if the problem is not related to the hose (maybe the one is actually mounted don't manage correctly the pressure), but I was not able to find a OEM hose.

thanks for your advices / help :blush:

Use one clamp or the other. Using the oem clamp and the hose clamp like that will cause the hose to distort and possibly cause a leak. P

Just use the screw style clamp and get proper sized hose. Look at heater hose, since it can take the heat. Not fuel line. Plus, clean the nipples the hose slides over.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Just a follow up if someone face the same problem :

Despite all efforts, I was not able to stop the leak :/
So, I finally decide to replace the steering fluid cooler.

I didn't mount an OEM, I bought a Hayden kit from ebay and mount the cooler in front of the engine water cooler :

88270820160728185734.jpg

73945320160728185740.jpg

I plug it directly to input / output of the steering system (it bypass the fluid cooler tube, the red part on the schema above)

I mount it a week ago, and since, there is no more leak at all ! (and I did city driving plus 500kms of gravel and offroad, so, it has been tested seriously ;) )

thanks again Rebelord for you advises =]