Front Struts -R50 options

rc_cola_j

I'll never use KYB struts again..Check out how long I've been on this forum...I'm about to replace my 2nd set....I don't thing they like the cold. or maybe my lift and wheel spacers.? the hard part is finding a OME (ARB) distributor in Canada...I found a local guy who does JDM (Toyota) diesel to french fry grease conversions who is an ARB dealer. and is willing to import some OME struts for me. pricing was similar to Rugged rocks. I let you know how they work out....my reasoning that they will be better is that they are valved for a lifted vehicle and are off road designed. not just highway cruising.

the only other option is rancho but they are hard to find.

check these guys out....http://krazyhousecustoms.com/i-23060633-rancho-rs5000-series-suspension-strut-assembly-rs5814.html

I think I found a distributor in Toronto who has these as well but I can' t find the link.

3rd option would be Tough Dog out of Australia but they only have one distributor in Colorado and they haven't gotten back to me yet on prices....

I'll never use KYB struts again..Check out how long I've been on this forum...I'm about to replace my 2nd set....I don't thing they like the cold. or maybe my lift and wheel spacers.? the hard part is finding a OME (ARB) distributor in Canada...I found a local guy who does JDM (Toyota) diesel to french fry grease conversions who is an ARB dealer. and is willing to import some OME struts for me. pricing was similar to Rugged rocks. I let you know how they work out....my reasoning that they will be better is that they are valved for a lifted vehicle and are off road designed. not just highway cruising.

the only other option is rancho but they are hard to find.

check these guys out....http://krazyhousecustoms.com/i-23060633-rancho-rs5000-series-suspension-strut-assembly-rs5814.html

I think I found a distributor in Toronto who has these as well but I can' t find the link.

3rd option would be Tough Dog out of Australia but they only have one distributor in Colorado and they haven't gotten back to me yet on prices....

I had my front struts replaced when I bought my pathfinder last spring. Had a mechanic do it, he said it was a factory equivalent replacement. Well, I have blown said replacement 3 times since. Each time the swap in a new one under warranty.......which is fine, but overall I'm not happy with the ride in the front.

What upset you so badly about the KYBs? They seem to be half the price of the OME......still, I want to make the right decision here

we'll I do my own work and its a real pain in the Ass to do the work on my front street. mostly my truck is a DD and not a driven fast off road. Make what you will of Winnipeg streets:). I just feel that struts should last longer than 1 or 2 years,.

• Like 1

Remember shocks and struts are usually good for about 50k miles street driven. Less once you start going off road or have rough roads, rears sooner if towing.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk