1998 pathfinder se. Wheel and tire help

R50650

Hey all. Going on a trip to the snow in 5 days and I'm rushing to figure out a set up for my pathfinder. Did some research but can't find what I'm looking for.

I got a 1998 pathfinder se. Stock height no lift.

I'm looking at

Pro Comp Steel Wheels - Series 51, 15x8 with 6 on 5.5 Bolt Pattern - Gloss black

http://www.4wheelparts.com/Wheels/Series-51-15x8-with-6-on-5-5-Bolt-Pattern-Gloss-black.aspx?t_c=11&t_s=535&t_pt=101508&t_pn=PCW51-5883&Manufacturer_PQ=Pro+Comp+Steel+Wheels

BFGoodrich All-Terrain T/A KO2 31X10.50R15C Tire

https://m.sears.com/bfgoodrich-all-terrain-t-a-ko2-31x10.50r15c-tire/p-09561906000P

My question is am I going to fit these wheels? I heard there's a problem with it clearing the calipers.

Can I do this setup at stock height ?

I believe that this setup is fine.

I know the tires fit, and I'm pretty sure these rims fit. I think they are the same rims I have (in a generic name brand).

You could fit those tires on your stock rims, BTW.

But if you do want new rims, prepare for the future and get them with 3.75" of backspacing so you can install larger tires on them in the future if you wanted to.

Yes those will fit, both rims and tires. Those rims have a 3.75 BS so the struts will be cleared. Just 2 considerations:

1. Be prepared to trim a little bit of plastic fender liner as at full lock you will likely rub a little (not a big deal, just annoying)

2. If your truck came with stock 16" rims, the calipers may or may not fit depending on how new the pads are. However, if that is the case, either spacers or a little bit of shaving off the calipers will do the trick. The clearance is super tight on 15". But I think only the 99.5 started having the 16" rims and larger brakes, so you won't even have to worry about that.

I had to trim to fit 33" tires on those rims. (trimming plastic)

I had 31" tires on my stock rims and needed no trimming.

Those rims move the tire more outboard and make it possible they could require a small amount of trimming, but based on how my 33s fit, I am guessing you won't need to trim anything.

Sweet thanks for the replies I decided to go with it. I'm in the waiting room right now. I'll post some before and after pictures tomorrow 😬