Automatic Fan Relay Location

dhardison

Can somebody help me with the location of the automatic fan control relay. This is the black box approx 3x3 inches that is used only on WD21 pathfinders that have auto fan speed and temperature control settings.

As detailed as my PDF version service manual is about most heat ac service procedures it's just sketchy about the actual location of this part. There's no info about what needs to be removed to replace it.

Any help would be appreciated.

I'm not entirely sure what part you're after. I don't see anything by that name in the circuit diagrams. Couple shots in the dark though:

The fan speed control is done by four separate relays. Two are above the driver's footwell towards the right, the other two are nearby just enough behind the center dash plastic to make them hard to get at. They're the standard blue relays and three of the four are marked with colored tape around the wires so you know which one is which. Definitely not a 3x3" black box though. 12, 13, 14, and 15A on HA-62.

There is a black box on the right hand wall of the driver's footwell that the manual calls the auto amp. It's closer to 4" square though so it might not be what you're after. 4A on HA-62.

If that doesn't help, let me know, I have a full working (near as I can tell) auto hvac system in my rig I can take a closer look at.

I'm not entirely sure what part you're after. I don't see anything by that name in the circuit diagrams. Couple shots in the dark though:

The fan speed control is done by four separate relays. Two are above the driver's footwell towards the right, the other two are nearby just enough behind the center dash plastic to make them hard to get at. They're the standard blue relays and three of the four are marked with colored tape around the wires so you know which one is which. Definitely not a 3x3" black box though. 12, 13, 14, and 15A on HA-62.

There is a black box on the right hand wall of the driver's footwell that the manual calls the auto amp. It's closer to 4" square though so it might not be what you're after. 4A on HA-62.

If that doesn't help, let me know, I have a full working (near as I can tell) auto hvac system in my rig I can take a closer look at.

Yes it's the auto amp box It's on the right side of the drivers footwell. Mine was obscured by aftermarket stereo wiring and it is closer to 4x4 like you said. I'm not looking forward to replacing this part.

Thanks for your help