2004 pathfinder le valve cover question?

David4x4

So I just bought a used 04 pathfinder and it has 137k mile on it. I did oil change and spark plug on it. Then realize one plug on the passenger side had a good amount of oil on it. Went to dealership to buy some spark plug tube and they said they don't sell the tube and I have to buy a new vavle cover. I think it's b.s but I can't really find anything online that say if the spark plug tube is bad I have to buy a new vavle cover. Can someone tell me if it true or not. Also Autozone they said they have the gasket and tube but the dealership said he guarantee it will not fit or stop the leak unless I buy the new valve cover.

Thx guys

I think what he was saying is that the valve cover tube seals aren't available separately; that might be why the valve cover would need to be replaced. The spark plug tubes are readily available (p/n 11095-31U0A). There appears to be a Fel-Pro seal set on RockAuto, but the description, "For use with removable PCV Valve baffles only; w/o Welded Plastic Design" and negative Amazon reviews indicate it probably won't fit (p/n ES72481).

This company and process comes up frequently on searches. I think the "removable PCV Valve baffle" mentioned above is the plastic piece that is shown with the warning "PLEASE DO NOT REMOVE BAFFLE PLATE" about 1/3rd of the way down. Judging by some eBay pics of R50-specific valve covers, ours have the plastic baffles.

I wouldn't be surprised if the cheaper Fel-Pro set ($7 @ RA) could be installed in the same manner, but don't take my word on it. But, they look pretty much the same.

I see so from the link you posted in here it look like it's possible but not recommended. I guess I just have to take it apart and see if I can put the cheap felpro in. Thanks a lot