KrFabs not available?

Bigfoothunter

The gear set I found was front and rear. Maybe I was looking at the wrong ratios. But when i did the axle gear ratio calutator setup with 5.13 35" tire is completetly stock setup, Im not planning on running 35"s mostly 33-34 if I go with a super swamper.

The gear sets I was seeing are in Japan, I would be ordering them from Japan. But gears are at the bottom of the list right now. Mainly Lift and tires then lokka.

Thank you everyone for letting me in the new nissan scene. I look forward to many pics and lots of builds :)

You probably did find those gears listed...and they probably do work for that front diff when it's in an Xterra...But the key difference for our trucks is that in our trucks, and only our trucks, the gears are reverse cut.

Unfortunately a lot of sites will still list them as being for the R50 pathfinder because the model of differential is the same as the other applications, yet they don't work because they aren't reverse cut like ours have to be.

You might be able to swap in a front diff from an Xterra though. I don't know if it's as simple as that, however...or all of us would have done it.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Hey everyone I'm new to npora recently bought a pathfinder and wanted to lift and I've conclude the sfd is the way to go. Has anyone heard back from krypton fabs they are from the same county as myself and could drive to pick it up, I have tried contact krfabs several times as the close proximity is really conveinant

Krypton is no longer making the kits. He has about 20 kits available that he will sell to clear his inventory. Last time I spoke to him about this he said he would announce the sale on NPORA when this will happen. Didn't give a timeframe though.

• 10 months later...

Well, that would explain the poor response from them when I e-mailed. They couldn't even be bothered to send me a picture of the kit and just told me to look them up on the forums instead. It was from that point that I decided I'd figure out how to make the SFD on my own. Oh well.