Installing power seats?

Nay-Sayer

I have a 2001 Pathy that has manual cloth seats. I just found a 2001 Pathy that's being parted out which has leather power seats. I'd like to swap out my manual cloth seats for these leather powered seats. Is this feasible? If so, what's all involved in doing this swap?

Thanks

If you just want power seats that's easy enough, just needs power. If you want power with memory then it's a whole can of worms. There is computers and whole lot of wiring needed.

I love my manual swats, simple and easy to fix. I would just replace the cloth our with leather.

-Kyle

Edited by ferrariowner123

I would love a set of leathers too. Power mode would be easy I think. Even basic models are already wired for all the options. For example there are fog light wires and plugs, heated seats wires and plugs in my basic XE.

Sent from my iPhone using Crapatalk

Not everything, common accessories that were standard on the SE and LE like fog lights yeah, sure the plugs with be there. But heated seats, nope. The switch wiring might be taped up behind the dash, but as far as running to the fuse box, then to under the carpets, there is no such wiring. Same goes for the overhead console, you have to tap into a wire in one of the hardest to reach parts of the car, behind the dash. Same goes for bose Vs non bose stereos, power antenna, etc. I will concede that there might be a loose wire that might have been intended for, say, the overhead console, but it's not a simple plug and play operation. My buddy just put the home link mirror in his 08 spec B legacy, the wire was right there making it a perfect plug and play deal.

Nissan was kinda dumb in that beyond the basics like fog lights, harness's were built case by case. It's only in recent years have they realized their stupidity and started making one harness for a chassis for that particular country where the car is destined to go.

-Kyle

For the seats it will require some work but all they should need is a 12v power source. Wire one up with some relays and that's done. Memory and comfort exit are not worth the time and expense, bypass that.