power surges

MsDee9099

http://www.nissanpathfinders.net/forum/topic/38158-help-1994-pathfinder-stalling-issue/

is a good place to start reading, but it's going to take some time going through the engine bay with some tools to know for sure. The best thing to do is to start with the easy stuff and work your way through to the harder stuff.

You should download one of these: http://diyservicemanuals.com/nissan-pathfinder-service-repair-manuals/

and read through it thoroughly I did!

• Like 1

the oil was changed a few months ago,the plugs are good,the air filter i will check but it does it when im coming off the highway and now its starting to do it when its cold as well,when it starts to power surge ,the surge isnt a normal surge bringing the rpm up its actually dropping them to zero which in turn causing it to die out,i noticed yesterday that when all this begins to take place the alternater belts start squelling ,it seems to me that what ever it is it has something to do with those belts squelling,thank you for your advice ,if you think of anytrhing else please let me know.

My thoughts are turning to a dirty air intake, dirty Idle Air Control Valve and a leaking intake boot ( caused by a tear in the bottom of the boot most likely) all kinda messy jobs to do but none that require anything other than hand tools, some time to do a good job, 1 new intake boot and 2 big cans of intake cleaner. When mine was doing this I had a warm weekend to do all of the above and the truck now purrs like a kitten in a good mood.

5a6e75330225b73a8f37fde036d07260.jpg

That's the intake boot, it's black rubber and held on with 2 big steel hose clamps. The IACV and air regulator are to the top of the photo, to the left of where "E.G.R control valve" is written

They are bolted together:

fe848ba5b520e73970fe770fdf7ab29b.jpg

Sent from my SM-G386W using Tapatalk