Wrong thread on moog outer tie rod

maddmark1981

I bought 2 tie rod ends from my local Carquest and today I go to put them on and passenger side fit but driver side doesn't, the thread on the new tie rod is RHT and on the old is LHT, can I get a different threadded tie rod or what? I'm also going to replace the inners and I'd like new sleeves as well but I can't find any besides cheap ones on eBay, Does Moog make the whole assembly?

eaac750aa76f21eaf0f3950b20e96cfc.jpg

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

Not sure the year you have but the 86 to 95 have different threads left to right. Outer tie rod ends have a left and right hand thread. The inner are the same. As an example (don't quote me on the exact placement of the tie rods) the left inner and right outer would be the same. And the right inner and left outer would be the same (noting this as an example only!). I ran into this issue with autozone when installing a grassroots centerlink and having to swap my inner tie rods to a large taper style.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I forget which sode it was but on mine, the inner and outer were "flipped" like someone before me replaced the whole assembly (inner/sleeve/outer) and put it on backwards.

And you mean Advance, they bought CARQUEST :lol::aok: