New Pathy-Lover in Australia!

MaxBu

Hey there everyone,

My name is max. I'm 20 years old and actually i'm from Germany!

I moved to australia 1month ago..

Finally i bought a 2002 Nissan Pathfinder.. Stock as fuack.

Now my plan is it to do some offroad tour throw Australia.

First stop should be cape york. In about 2 weeks.

I thing my stock pathy will have some Problems with some offroad tracks and creeks we have to go though during this trip..

I am new in the offroad Business but really want to get into it!

I read alot here and i created some plans for my buddy:

1. get rid of these sidesteps (to get some more room for the though roads

2. lift this beast to get more underneath because i Want to put some Heavy load on it (i thought about a fleury 2"?!)

3. the water problem:

Can i get through water without an electrical problem?

Whats about the Air intake? I saw some snorkels for about 400$ thats a bit too much I think..

Would love to get some advices from the Whole comunity!!

Thats my baby:

image.jpg

Greetz buddys

Edited by MaxBu

Welcome!

Yep, you have the right idea... Loose those nerf bars, raise it (fleurys' spring spacers are probably the cheapest and easiest) and get some taller and more aggressive tires. That doesn't look like a winch bumper? Too bad...

As for water crossings, yes, be careful but how deep do you mean to go? One problem is the airbox is right up front so with a steep bank, you dip your nose and you risk getting a gulp. Even a home made short snorkel inside the fender can help with that, and also check out Aussie videos of water crossings with a tarp across the nose. It works quite well using a bow wave principle, but you can't stop. If you do, shut it off and winch out...

I envy you on this road trip, it should be a great one! :aok:

B

Oh, look into skid plates as well...

Hey guys.

Thank You for your fast replies!

I have some more questions:

1. as Long as i Lift with fleurys.. Do i need new shocks Or can i Stick to the Old original ones? Did not do a Lift yet.. Totally beginner in offroad 😳

2. during a creek crossing: can there be electrical issues? Is there a need of covering the battery for example or covering wires?

Thanks Guys!

1) I believe so in the rear if you want maximum articulation, but in the front I don't believe you disassemble the strut assembly. Best thing would be to go to his website and read, he is nothing if not thorough...

2) Of course there can be. How deep are you going? Batteries are waterproof for short duration, and wires don't short for no reason. Spare fuses, relays and probably an alternator or two would be a good idea. Again, I'd be more interested in a winch.

Cover the whole front end. Check out about the to minute mark, at least...

B

• Like 1

1) I believe so in the rear if you want maximum articulation, but in the front I don't believe you disassemble the strut assembly. Best thing would be to go to his website and read, he is nothing if not thorough...

2) Of course there can be. How deep are you going? Batteries are waterproof for short duration, and wires don't short for no reason. Spare fuses, relays and probably an alternator or two would be a good idea. Again, I'd be more interested in a winch.

Cover the whole front end. Check out about the to minute mark, at least...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ro48lL1YZIw

B

Whoa! Those guys are nuts, they go so deep their trucks start floating away... Takes some big balls to do that

712326fc5aa1ede464faeb1288ed4260.jpg

First time off the road with my baby!!

29217b8a7446de3810f3daa805052e25.jpg

He did it very, very well. He was fully overloaded but the offroad tracks on fraser island couldn't stop this huge beast!

We travelled with a lifted Prado and a lifted Landcruiser. And the pathy did everything what they did! I'm impressed.

After all offroad Tracks he got some love..

A under body wash.. :)

0e3ef6b9cf5f2f4a284cc1003ca58b85.jpg

Now the Plan is to Head to Cairns - lift the beast - And go to Cape York!

See ya guys!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk