Hello from Vancouver, BC

carson

I just purchased a 1999.5 Pathfinder LE as my "adventure" truck. For the past few years I have beaten up my everyday truck, a 2011 Ram 1500 and decided to buy the Pathfinder for my hunting, fishing and trips to the cabin, now that the Ram is back to showroom condition.

I don't offroad anywhere near as hard as I once did so that is why I bought the Pathfinder. It will be a very nice truck to drive around town with the family but also be perfect for my adventures. I would have loved to have bought another 2005+ Pathfinder (had one a few years back) but couldn't justify the $$ for my weekender. I really loved the 3.5L engine!

I know lifting this truck (looking for a 2" lift) is going to be a challenge but I am hopeful to find the help here to do it. If I don't find the info reading through the forum, I'll post a few questions.

Cheers,

Ray

Welcome Ray!

Trust me, all the info you need is here... a 2" lift is pretty darn easy, made easier by fleurys products as well. There are other options, so look at them all and decide what is best for you.

We have a white on white R50 as well, but a 1990.0 SE (pre facelift)

FYI, 2001-2004 has the VQ35, so you can have your R50 and VQ too... ;)

B

Welcome Ray!

Trust me, all the info you need is here... a 2" lift is pretty darn easy, made easier by fleurys products as well. There are other options, so look at them all and decide what is best for you.

We have a white on white R50 as well, but a 1990.0 SE (pre facelift)

FYI, 2001-2004 has the VQ35, so you can have your R50 and VQ too... ;)

B

After reading your post, it got me thinking that I may not have the 1999.5. I have the 3.3L engine. The truck does look like the facelift version though. Did Nissan make the 1999.5 with a facelift and the 3.3L? It was my understandign that the 3.5L was on later production models and not my year.

What is my best resource to determine exactly what version I have?

My sisters truck is a 1999.5 with that 3.3 and the "face lift". The "1999" had the same 3.3 but the older front end.

Oh, almost forgot ...Welcome!

Edited by kdj

^Exactly!

We have a 1999.0 as well, old front and VG33 (which is why I always specify that and often buy parts for a 1998 so there is no mid year confusion). The VG33 was used in 1996-2000 Pathfinders...

B