Saggy Leaf Springs

joshua01niner

Hi everyone!

I actually have a 1991 Nissan D21. The leaf springs at the back are sagging for quite a while now that it is actually binding with the overload springs and it rides very very bouncy so I decided to replace only the 1st and 2nd leafs on both of them (1st and 2nd only due to budget limitations). I've also inverted the overload springs (3rd and 4th leafs) for added comfort for I really don't carry a ton of load everyday cause this truck is my daily drive. So, after I've finished installing the new springs. I've noticed that the right is still sagging about an inch, though I'm already using 3 inch extended shackles. I would also like to add that I'm running on a full tank. Dose being on a full tank put a lot of strain on the right leaf springs that is causes this to sag so much or is there anything else that causes this?

Thanks!

-josh

• 2 weeks later...

Check your heights diagonally front to rear. (front should be 0-1" lower) and then compare side to side. You may just have a torsion bar cranked too high causing it to shift too much weight to the opposite corner.

Edited by MY1PATH

• 2 months later...

Hi guys. thanks for your replies. It's been a couple of months now since I've posted this topic. But just an update. I've swapped the left and right leaf springs and still its sagging on the right side. Someone did cranked up the left torsion bar because the driver side was sagging.

Could this probably be the cause for the sagging right leaf spring?

Would re-indexing the left T-bars fix this problem?

Thanks again!.

Lifting the left front would drop the right rear. Turn it down or lift the right front.

Check that you are running with even spacing between the bump stops, and that they are still in one piece. Mine broke off and I was using the metal bits to bump into for a while.

Its always been a mystery to me why Nissan did the tank to one side like that. Here in Africa the driver also sits on that side. So you have a constant loading of driver and fuel on one side of the vehicle.

To make it worse for me, I am doing a SFA with Patrol MQ drivetrain bits.

My (African) driver side will sport the driver, transfer case, drive shafts and right drop diffs.

I have removed the tank now, and looking to relocate to the other side once the exhaust has also been moved.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk