Need help with fuel gauge.

Porkwagon

I just recently did the voltage regulator repair, and now I have my temp gauge, but the fuel gauge isnt moving up. I have power to it, the right voltage and I did the grounding trick behind the cluster and it moved so im assuming that part is functioning. How do I test my fuel sending unit? I have it all uncovered right now, just not sure where and what to check for. thank you.

I would suspect the do-dad inside the tank or possibly its wiring. I had mine replaced by a local race mechanic ( beer carries a lot of weight around here ) mostly because I was in my busy season but also because I hate smelling like a fuel depot for a few days. It costs but it's worth the money if you have a good guy nearby.

Whats weird is it was working (but sometimes wonky) before I did the regulator. Im wondering now if its just working correctly it exposed an issue with the sending unit. I dont want to drop the coin on the sending unit only for it to not be the issue.

My experience was when I removed the EMPTY gastank I noticed a plastic top where the fuel pump is and one wire was completely out of its terminal... I cleaned it up with sandpaper and electrical cleaner , glued it back in and voila!

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk