Sounds like fan is constantly running

maddmark1981

When I'm driving it sounds like my fan is constantly running but it's loud and makes my Pathy sound like a dinosaur!! Rawwwwww!!!

It only used to do this typically only after first starting it up, sometimes it would run a bit longer on the cold mornings but it always used to settle down after 30seconds or so but now it's on ALL THE TIME! Can anyone tell me what I have to do to fix this?

Thanks...

no need to remove the radiator, just the shroud. Unclip the lower part of the shroud, take out the 4 screws or so holding it to the radiator and remove the shroud. Then take the fan out by removing the 4(?) screws holding it to the water pump pully. That will get you the fan and clutch so you can replace it (a few screws onto the blade assembly)

the water pump does not have the fan clutch, just a disc to mount the pulley and fan on. No need to replace the water pump and timing unless you really need to. The replacement of the fan clutch is minimally invasive and to get to the water pump etc is MUCH more work

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...