How do I adjust this roof rack? New to me 2003 pathfinder

Chook

I suspect it is under this little clip I have pointed at in red, but I can't seem to get this clip off. I can pry up at the front of it, but it seems like it will break. Does it slide out or something as opposed to prying up? Would appreciate any help as the front crossbar is about 4" to far forward on the drivers side compared to the passenger side. Looks stupid.

8e184bec-cccb-4ef6-a048-f92962f4af88_zps

Lift up the rubber strip in the middle and there should be another screw to undo that will release the cap. I just hope that you don't have the same hex/lobe pin screw there for security. I've still been trying to find a key to undo mine. If its in good shape a torxs pin key should work to get it out.

• Like 1

Thanks Pav I"m going out to try it now.

Aw crap, it's the same as you say. :( It looks like an allen key with a pin in the middle. Would that have come with the Pathfinder? I wonder if Nissan carries it.

Edited by Chook

You gotta love one owner vehicles. I was looking around in the glovebox and found a package with the original installation guide for the roofrack and inside was the allen key with a hollow center. It is just a 4mm hex wrench with hole in middle. The roof rack clip is just all plastic including the allen screw with security pin. You could just get some fine needle nose pliers and grab that pin and twist it off, then use a regular 4mm allen key. The bag this is in is Part No. Ha-1255-000-00 if that helps you. :) Hope that helps you Pav.

Edited by Chook
  • Like 1