Hi folks, just registered today. :-)

Chook

Thought I'd introduce myself. I'm a retired educator and have always wrenched on cars, in particular restoring old VW Westphalias and Type 1's. I also ride motorcycles and am active in my local gun club. I am picking up a one-owner 2003 Pathfinder SE on Friday that has 225,000 Km on it. (Yep I'm a Canuck living on an Island in the Pacific) :) It is in the Glacier Pearl colour and has been meticulously maintained. I might be looking at raising it up a few inches with the spacers made by 4x4design.com as it seems relatively easy. Any comments on their products and whether it affects CV joints is welcome.

:welcome:

Don't forget to post some pics when you get your "new" Pathy, we love pics.

Didn't know what a VW Westphalias, googled it and know I do we call that a VW Combi or "bread" because of the shape, I love those speacially Type 1, post some pics, please.

There are plenty of reviews and ideas of everything here and all the help you need, have fun. :aok:

• Like 1

Hello Chook, welcome to NPORA and congrats on your 'new' Pathy!

Yay! Guns, motorcycles and air cooled VWs! I like you already... :D

I've got a few of each laying around myself.

Fleurys makes good and proven product, but I suggest you look in the R50 section for existing threads and ask any questions there, it will get far more views/responses there than here. :beer:

B

• Like 1

Thanks for the welcome guys. I am picking it up in 2 hrs and am really excited to get it. Because it's over the 192,000km limit on the maintenance schedule, I will be looking for what should be done after that. Time for some research. :D