My not-quite new not-quite R50

Zero

Hey everyone,

I've been creeping the forums for a few weeks looking at pictures and reading discussions to try to help me figure out what I wanted to buy. I've been wanting an SUV for a while and after seeing a lifted pathfinder I knew that's what I needed. Well, here in Portland most of the pathfinders under $5k are salvaged, have had the odometer rolled back (I looked up some of the VIN) or were pre 01, and I wanted the upgraded drivetrain. I found out about the qx4, which actually sell for cheaper than the salvaged pathys in this area, and ended up getting an 01 in awesome condition for a great price.

She needs a few o2 sensors but other than that she's in excellent shape.

2001 Infiniti Qx4

Tan leather interior with wood trim

Factory nav (ew - this eventually needs to go)

Factory trailer hitch and roof rack

Even still has factory floor mats which are in great shape

zLcdJTS.jpg

I got my QX4 on Aug 28th. I got pretty excited about modding it the other night and ordered an LED light bar, Rola Vortex roof basket, 2.5" spring spacers and brand new springs all around. Once I get it lifted then I'll need to get some wheels and tires. These super dated 3 spoke wheels have got to go!

I don't want to do anything crazy with it but I do want a mild trail rig I can take out and have some adventures with. My other car is a slammed Audi A4, which doesn't hardly even see gravel, so I needed something that could go everywhere that couldn't.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to being part of NPORA, and sharing my adventures with you guys!

Edited by Zero

Not an exact height yet, no. I think I want to have 32" or 33" tires on it so I can take it trailing but still have it be streetable. I have a 6 year old daughter that needs to be able to get in and out of it, so I think the ~3" lift should be right about prefect

Welcome. Another R50 and slammed Audi owner :) I too was looking for just a mild build and a rig that can do what the Audi can't. I've since built a beast and barley spend any time on the S4 anymore lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Haha that's awesome, fellow audi driver. I've got a 2004 stage3 a4 that's dumped on H&R coils. I love it but it's completely incapable of getting me into the woods, and i need to have more camping, fishing and trailing in my life.

• 4 weeks later...

Welcome. Nice rig, post some pics of the progress.

Portland. Nice, swooped up my R50 from there. I'm right across the bridge.

Edited by Kingman
  • Like 1