New Here! What's first

visivopro

Hey guys

New to the forums and wanted to say whats up. Currently i live in Mexico but I am moving back to the states in 6 months. I drive a 1998 Pathfinder SE 4WD. I just replaced the entire suspension front and back. I am 32 and have driven this Pathy since I was in Junior High. It was origonally my dad's truck and now it finally belongs to me.

I am interested in lifting it and putting some good AT Tires on there, but I have no idea where to begin. First things first though, the stock bose sound system has to go! So this week it gets a new system but what should I upgrade first?

What are some good upgrades to start out with before I go ham on the Lift kit?

Any suggestions are welcome but remember I live in Mexico, so it's not always easy to find stuff here and shipping here can get pricey. ,

Anyhow thanks for the suggestion.

:welcome:

We need pics. :aok:

It's still with the mechanic, should be back in my hands middle of next week and I'll take some pics. However it's bone stock, gold pathy 98 SE. Paint has seen better days but not sure I really care all that much about the paint, I'm more concerned with the badassness factor haha.

If shipping/labor across the border is a concern and your moving over to this side in a few months, I'd say 1st thing should be patience and saving some coin :aok:

As for your build, are you plannin on a specific type of use for it? Just a daily driver, streetable mild toy, strait mud truck, etc. you would be suprised of your trucks stock capability with some good tread. I would suggest going through the 'members rides' section here and looking at some of the r50 builds there for inspiration though.

Hey hey

Oh yeah for sure, not going to be doing anything grand until I move state side, however welding and custom work here is super cheap so I may want to get something done in that vain before I go.

As to the type of ride, let's call it a daily driver with a twist. I'm a trucker so I'm only home for weekends but the wife will want to use it and she frightens easily haha.

Id definitely like to lift it a few inches and put some bigger tires on it, other then that I defer to the wisdom of this forum.

I'll definitely check out everyone else cars.