93 Pathfinder A/C problems

dg1

I have recently purchased a 93 Pathfinder for my wife and now we are having a/c issues. I have searched through the forum and have tried many of the suggestions mentioned but the problem is still not solved. Thanks for all the information! Everything worked fine when we first got it, the air just did not seem very cool, and then the a/c lights on the control panel quit working and as did the compressor. After reading through the forum, I believed that it was low on Freon so it caused the compressor to stop. I jumped the compressor with a hot wire as suggested and recharged the system. The compressor does work and blows cold air with a hot wire connected. However, the lights on the control panel still do not come on. I can change the blower motor speed but not the direction (face/ floor/ defroster/ etc.) I did reconnect the compressor correctly, the a/c lights still do not come on, and the compressor will not engage. The blower motor does still work. I have checked the fuses, the relays (a/c and blower motor), tried to jumper the low-pressure switch and the compressor did not engage, and there was no power at the low-pressure switch with my meter. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

I believe the part you need to look at is called the auto climate control amplifier, it's a small box under the dash. I'm assuming you have the auto fan controls on yours?

Thanks for your response! Yes, it does have the auto fan control. Do you know what the amplifier looks like?