OME springs

sarguy

I sent Ac an e-mail after installing my OME's about the front ride height and they sugested using their 2" lift springs up front, I would be a little wary of how the truck would handle with different spring rates and amount of pre-load. But it should give a more even ride height. OME says that they set the ride height where it is because it limits stress on the rest of the drivetrain. I don't know who's right but the OME's really ride nice I'm very happy with the end result. I ended up paying $900 all together for the springs and bushings. I'm not sure how things itemized but when they do the bushings they should throw your new springs on for free in the rear and just charge you for the front. I found a local guy that was willing to work with me there's enough soccer moms around for him to make his money off of so he took care of me.

Thanks...Yep they're 31's. I'm pretty happy with how it's turned out. I didn't realise how much of a difference the tire's and OME's made untill I pulled up next to a stock 97-98. I keep hopeing to catch this guy that goes to the dog pakr by me, he has a twin to my truck that is stock. I'd love to get some pic's of the two trucks side by side.

Edited by sarguy

I got my OME Springs, KYB Struts, and Strut mounts installed this weekend. Here some pictures that show the installation and ride height gain. I got a lot of lift from the springs but expect them settle at least an inch from what it shows now. Before the lift I had 32.5 inches now it stands at 34.75 inches. I also had to make some modification on the ABS line holder. I’ll have some more pictures of my Pathfinder as soon as my back recovers. -alcohol-

DSCF0015-copy.jpg

DSCF0020-copy.jpg

DSCF0021-copy.jpg

DSCF0023-copy.jpg

I've now put a few hundred miles on the truck and am happy to report that the ride height has evened itself out. The rear springs must just take a little longer than the rear to settle in.

No, I do mean the rear I think they are riding a little lower than when I first put them on that is what I think has evened out the ride height. If I had been thinking I would have measured and then I would actually know.