what spares do you bring with you when you wheel?

I'm starting to put together a tool kit of parts and the accompanying tools to take with me on my camping and wheeling trips. So far what I either have or am working on acquiring is:

Spare front CV axle

Spare tie rod end

spare ball joint

tire plug kit

misc fluids and quick set metal epoxies(think JB weld etc)

Should I be carrying spare u-joints? Seems like the Jeeps I go with are always either popping caps off or grenadine these things, but I haven't seen reports of our pathfinder doing the same thing. Would this be a replaceable component mid trail if it were to break on one of these?

Any other items common to break when wheeling these things?

Thanks!

Not sure on the u-joints, or common parts breakages in general, how hard are you planning to push your pathfinder? I have heard of someone in here breaking a CV axle, but I think they were trying to pull another vehicle out of the mud in reverse, with a locked front diff, and a weird front wheel angle.

If your pathy is stock, and you wheel within it's limits, I think it would take some real effort to break something.

But a few things that come to mind to have with you anytime are:

Spare radiator hoses, hose clamps and patch pipes to join a hose after cutting out the bad spot.

A spare oil filter, these are not prone to damage, but if you need one, you can't fake it.

Perhaps these are more like things listed in the lengthy "what do you always have with you" thread. http://www.nissanpathfinders.net/forum/topic/12044-what-do-you-always-have-with-you/

It's not incredibly modified but not stock either(2" lift, 31's, skid plates etc). I typically take it relatively easy but every once in a while will push it pretty hard as well.

Gotcha, very similar to mine then, but I don't have skid plates :lmao: perhaps that keeps me careful. Probably the best thing to bring wheeling with you is a wheeling buddy.

You will need 2 spare axles because left and right are different.

You should bring a spare tie rod.

tie rod is definitely on the list, Axles are not different so one spare is sufficient, and easy!