smaller height SFD

LILWB

I did a bit of searching but couldnt find an exact answer. Has anyone ever done a 2 inch SFD? I have seen 3 and 4. I was wondering if this would be the best way to lift an R50 2 inches with out worying about the CV axles blowing up so it owuld be 2 inch block and stock coils the the appropriate strut spacer and rear coil spacer.

thanks for oyur help!

Actually if you add a spacer or lift spring it increases the angle of the cv axle. And by dropping the sub frame you are reducing the angle of the cv axle. So the more you drop it after lifting the more it comes back to a lesser angle. Resulting in happy cv's.

I'm sure it's been done, but it's more challenging than a 3" or 4". With a 2" subframe spacer, you don't much room for hardware or tools inside the spacers, so you need longer bolts. For the front, you'd need 4x 9" long bolts, and they aren't cheap; not a problem for the rears. Space would be limited for the motor mount spacers. A workaround would be cutting the heads off bolts and welding them to the spacers.

How I know: I tried to make a 1.5" SFD for another member, and I made a 2.5" SFD for myself. Planning to go up to 3" soon.

CNAM, that is exactly my point. to even out the CV angle but with a small amount of lift. I guess its just the same as a 4 or 3 inch SFD just smaller. I still have a lot of reading to do.

hawairish, that would be a great work around, thanks for the insight. I need to take a look at your rig.