Hello From California - 92 WD21 SE-V6

skazmi

Hey everyone,

I'm glad to have found a good group of people to share this similar interest with and hopefully learn quite a lot from.

I picked up a 1992 WD21 SE-V6 yesterday and could not be more excited about it. My girlfriend and I are looking to turn this car into a weekend warrior car for our trips to Tahoe, Yosemite, any number of beaches and trails. The car seems pretty stock but that is to my untrained eye. There are cosmetic issues (which dont phase me much, I will most likely be adding my own blemishes soon) decent interior and 166k on the odo.

First things I'm going to do are:

1. Check timing belt (former owner couldnt tell me if it had been changed)

2. Tune-up (plugs, filters, hoses etc)

3. Find a bumper/brush/grille guard to install

4. Change the steering wheel as this one has some issues.

I'd love to not reinvent the wheel so if anyone has any suggestions I am more then open to hear them.

And pictures since thats the only reason most people read these posts.

gQLejwJ.jpg

nGP769f.jpgxeRQDEa.jpgYDxUVNb.jpg

• Like 1

:welcome:

Looks very good and in shape.

"And pictures since thats the only reason most people read these posts." :aok::lol: Very true.

Have fun looking around, you'll see plenty of good ideas.

Welcome to NPORA and congrats on your 'new' Pathy! It should be sufficient for your needs, and if you or the GF isn't too big, you can sleep in it as well.

First things I'm going to do are:

1. Check timing belt (former owner couldnt tell me if it had been changed)

2. Tune-up (plugs, filters, hoses etc)

3. Find a bumper/brush/grille guard to install

4. Change the steering wheel as this one has some issues.

I'd love to not reinvent the wheel so if anyone has any suggestions I am more then open to hear them.

1) Maintenance interval is every 60k, so yours is either nearing due or long due. Either way, smart thing to do...

2) Don't forget fluids: brake, transmission, differentials, etc unless you are certain they have been changed recently.

3) Go with a bumper if possible, the brush/grille guards are barely capable of fending off shopping carts, and are generally called damage amplifiers.

4) Your call.

If it has an AT, you might want to consider installing a additional cooler and possibly filter. Download the 1994 copy of the FSM from the pinned thread in the Garage section, 95% will apply towards your year with the exceptions mainly being interior, dash and trim.

Look around the forum, there's lots to see and read... ;)

B

• Like 1

The first thing I would do is the timing belt! Just replace it. I prefer factory ones personally. That is an interference motor and if it skips timing it will bend valves. I just got my 90 SE about a year ago and love it. Enjoy.