aftermarket cv with ac lift and 1" spacer

Hi everyone i know this has been talked about and i tried searching but did not really get a good answer. I have had this pathy almost 2 years. The boots have been torn pretty much the whole time. So i went and played in the mud a few times after i put the ac coil lift and fluerys 1" spacer and went to 33s. So i was doing some good hill climbing and my axles started making clicking noises more and more. Now if i drive on the streets aby crack in the street will jumble the axles and make a clanking noise so it is clearly time to replace. Other than ridiculous $700 oem axles (which i may try to source at a junkyard and rebuild with rockfords) whi h aftermarket axles have you guys had the. Best luck with. Rockauto carries cardone and empire i believe and napa has their own brand which is twice as much as the cardones. Any input is greatly appreciated

nothing is as good as the originals, I"d source some at the JY. not to say you did wrong but this could have been avoided by installing new boots and grease when you put in your suspension upgrades. not really that hard to do and cheep considering the boots are about $16 each form NAPA.

Agree that oem's are best, but I've had very good success with Cardone Select from rock auto. You have to pay attention though as Cardone a has two different lines, the "select" line are new while the other is remanufactured.

Thanks for the input everyone. I threw some cardones in there im going to look around the junkyards for a set of oems and rebuild em. Any way to tell oe from afternarket

• 2 weeks later...