Tow Hooks

96pfinderSE

Ok so i wanna put some hooks in the back. Is there any place to put them that is pretty sturdy. I want them so i could getpulled out from behind if i get stuck on a skinny trail. Also if i go with a brush guard can i keep the tow hooks that i have on the front?

<Justin>

I've used the stock "tie downs" in the back under the bumper to pull out before. Manual claims I shouldnt do that, but I have been stucker than stuck and was able to get out with someone pulling on those, they stayed attached... I am not really sure where to attack hooks as we don't really have a frame per se...

Yea I think so, everytime I look at them its dark and muddy. haha. but yea I think thats what I have used to pull my rear outta the mud. I'd love to have some real hooks back there

They make hitch hooks But is what you were talkin about ROW . This a pic of the tie down under the bumper 768236_19.jpg

Yeah those tie downs...I call them tow plates. Looks like you already have a pair. Those are what I removed to put the hitch on.

I'd say just get a hitch and a hitch receiver D-ring. Thats what I've been using since last spring, and it works well. Easy and quick access to attach a strap, and you know it's the strongest possible recovery point on the vehicle ;)

I'd say just get a hitch and a hitch receiver D-ring.  Thats what I've been using since last spring, and it works well.  Easy and quick access to attach a strap, and you know it's the strongest possible recovery point on the vehicle ;)

Yo BigJ! Whats a good price for one of those?

The D-Ring receiver that is...

Edited by DJ Dank

I've seen them going for about $40 from online retailers. I got mine in a package deal from 4wheelparts.com, for $50 I got; a 2x20 tow strap, 1 D-ring, 1 D-ring with a receiver mount, hitch pin, tire pressure gauge and carrying case. Definitely a score :D If they still are selling those, you should check it out. Otherwise though, around $40 is average ;)