Brush guard mounting point on bumper bracket

flnl

Trying to mount a JY brush guard on my Pathy I've noticed that it stands higher from the bumper than expected. I've compared to many images from 93-95 WD21's and they all seem to connect to the lower part of the plastic grid, while in mine the bumper tab and the hole in the brackets are higher. Mine is a 94.

ALAIK, there shouldn't be any difference. Am I correct?

IMG_20150330_144544723_zpsnmtgyq4n.jpg

Edited by flnl

I have the same thing going on my 95 and mounting my Nissan pathfinder brush guard. You most of found a genuine nissan guard. I still have to get the time to work on it, but plan on doing some custom work beefing the sheet metal and modify it for a more stout/stable mounting point. I've already got the fog lights pulled out of the stock location so I can get in there and weld on the front and back with a flat iron piece. I am also looking at possibly welding in a 2x2 square for a front point to add different pulling device's. I have a 12k winch ready for work and some clevis mounts for a good pulling point.

I'm thinking about welding a tab right over the original one on the brush guard, and using this to mount it to the bracket.

I've welded and installed it. But the left side of the brush guard is a little bit bent. As I want to put a winch plate on it, there will be a small gap, and one more week point.

Now I have to decide what to do:

- Buy another from a junkyard (I've found one but they asked about US$ 180)

- Have someone cut custom new brush guard sides

- Build a winch bumper

I know a winch bumper would be the best option.

But I like the look of the original brush guard. :)