Hello from Reno

New to the forum, looking forward to sharing info and experience. Our Pathy is an 02 SE, primarily stock but just now adding 1" strut spacers and rear spring spacers from 4x4design, along with new struts, KYB's, Shock (matching KYB's) and new moog stock rate springs (the stockers are sagged over 1.5" below stock), to make room for new Firestone Destination AT's, 245/75/16's. No intention of serious off roading with this, but will be venturing out into the Sierra's, gold country, and northern Nevada in comfort! My first Pathy was a 91 XE, all stock. It was surprisingly capable off road. I wanted one of those early framed models but a good one was hard to find, hopefully the unibody of the 02 will hold up well. Happy Pathfinding everyone!

Welcome!

A lot of people wheel their R50s (unibody model) pretty hard (some people even have sub frame drops and 35" tires) so I'm pretty sure yours will hold up just fine for what you intend. Especially with a few 'upgrades', but don't forget a skid plate...

You have a lot of beautiful country to explore up there. I haven't spent much time on the Reno side, but was around the Cisco Grove , Norden/Soda Springs a lot when I was younger. Enjoy!

B

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Reno! Welcome! One of my fav trails is backside of Virginia City, or stay on dirt all the way to Tahoe. You should be able to do both in a unibody. I did in my 92, but like you said, with your 91, Surprisingly capable.