My first Pathfinder, but not my first Nissan

bcti

Hello, one and all!

I've been lurking for a while, so I thought I should say hello! I'm from Oregon, and I'm a machinist. In my spare time, I enjoy listening to loud music on four vintage Cerwin-Vega speakers; Or driving my 1975 Chevy pickup. (Perhaps I should call it a "sport truck"?)

25bvr8e.jpg

I acquired my 1995 Pathfinder last (2014) summer. It has the VG30 V-6, with an automatic transmission. It originally had the 8-speaker stereo, but when i got it, there were cheap speakers in four of the eight openings, the other four are just empty. Fortunately they left the two amplifiers, and I'm hoping I can wire those in with an aftermarket head unit and speakers. It also used to have a security/keyless door locking system. I say USED to have, because even though I found two sirens under the hood, an aftermarket hood switch, and two key fobs, there is a conspicuously empty spot under the dash with several wires that look like they should connect to something.

While this is my first Pathfinder, I'm a big fan of Nissan pickups. I've a 1992 pickup, and I had a 1989 pickup, but sold that one to a friend.

Obligatory pictures:

xl4va9O.jpg

yTREjPw.jpg

Wy4SmTv.jpg

HAHA! I just noticed that three of my cats made it into the pictures.

I'd also like to give a big THANK YOU to the person that posted links to the factory repair manuals. Having those makes life so much easier!

LOL I was going to ask what the cat's name was, but then I saw you have a herd... :D

Yep, one of the advantages of having the best year Pathfinder (1995) is the FSM. Congrats on the new acquisition, I think you'll like it once you get it sorted out. Having a Hardbody PU means you already know 1/2 of it...

Welcome to NPORA, fellow machinisti! :beer:

B

LOL I was going to ask what the cat's name was, but then I saw you have a herd... :D

Yep, one of the advantages of having the best year Pathfinder (1995) is the FSM. Congrats on the new acquisition, I think you'll like it once you get it sorted out. Having a Hardbody PU means you already know 1/2 of it...

Welcome to NPORA, fellow machinisti! :beer:

B

Thank you for the welcome, fellow machinist! My pickups have both been four cylinder, 5-speed, 2 wheel drive. So my knowledge might be a little less than half. If this Pathfinder is half as reliable as my 1992 pickup, it's going to be a great vehicle!

Yes, I do have a herd of cats! I catch the neighborhood strays and have them fixed, get them their vaccinations, get their injuries taken care of, and do my best to keep them free of worms, fleas and ear mites. Every one that I've done that for has decided they weren't a stray any longer and moved on in.

• Like 1

Thank you for the welcome, fellow machinist! My pickups have both been four cylinder, 5-speed, 2 wheel drive. So my knowledge might be a little less than half. If this Pathfinder is half as reliable as my 1992 pickup, it's going to be a great vehicle!

Yes, I do have a herd of cats! I catch the neighborhood strays and have them fixed, get them their vaccinations, get their injuries taken care of, and do my best to keep them free of worms, fleas and ear mites. Every one that I've done that for has decided they weren't a stray any longer and moved on in.

Ahh, well, yeah, 4cyl and 2wd would make a difference... Ok, you are about to embark on a journey of new learning! :D

Don't worry, they aren't hard to understand/work on and we're a pretty solid support group here...

Wow, pretty impressive! My mom used to trap, neuter/spay and med ferals by her house, so I understand how much work (and $) that can be. Good job Bud! :aok:

I'm not quite that benevolent, but I tend to get adopted quite often. The most recent is an old cat from a few houses down that moved in because we offered food and shelter, something he wasn't getting anymore from his owners. He's rickety and fading, but we keep him fed and comfortable as well as we can.

Check out the Caturday thread in the Off Topic section...

B

Ahh, well, yeah, 4cyl and 2wd would make a difference... Ok, you are about to embark on a journey of new learning! :D

Don't worry, they aren't hard to understand/work on and we're a pretty solid support group here...

Wow, pretty impressive! My mom used to trap, neuter/spay and med ferals by her house, so I understand how much work (and $) that can be. Good job Bud! :aok:

I'm not quite that benevolent, but I tend to get adopted quite often. The most recent is an old cat from a few houses down that moved in because we offered food and shelter, something he wasn't getting anymore from his owners. He's rickety and fading, but we keep him fed and comfortable as well as we can.

Check out the Caturday thread in the Off Topic section...

B

You've a caturday thread here?! I feel very at home. :)