Power steering oil leak

chapter

Yesterday, I found a oil leak under the radiator... After investigation, I found that it was power steering oil leaking from the hose behind the radiator. Is it a common problem for the Nissan Pathfinder 1990-1995?? It's winter here and I don't want to crawl under the truck... So I go to the garage tomorrow and I have to trust the mechanic... So, I don't want to have to change the pump if it's just a loose clamp....

Thanks!

Are you sure that it is power steering oil? because im having the same problem but i thought it was trany fluid. I dont know much about engins but when i checked the trantfluid level it was low. Now im even more curious.

post-6-1109006838.jpg

I just checked the Factory service manual, and it seems that pathy's take ATF for the power steering. So maybe it's leaking from the power steering system, but from the transmission, transmission cooler, or from the lines going from the tranny to the cooler.

It's power steering oil for sure. It's Dextron II ATF oil, the same thing use in the auto tranny. Mine is standard tranny by the way. There is a leak around the line from the pump to the direction assembly. The line path is behind the radiator and it's hard to see exactly what's going on...