Flex hose experienceanyone?

mo3chang

Anyone ever have any experience with flex hose on a pathfinder or with it in general?

I've had it on my 98 civic before the rice burned up as dress up ebay kit and it was fine but i did notice allot of vibrations from it on highway but then again that car rattled itself apart.

Just wondering if anyone runs something like it in there setup i plan on purchasing a 3 inch body lift this weekend and just trying to plan it all out. My hoses and radiator need to be replaced and i think the lower radiator hose might actually benefit from having some flex hose if doesn't vibrate itself apart during mild off road use.

this is the product i was looking at haven't found the correct length and diameter i need yet

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Radiator-Coolant-Hose-Flexible-Coolant-Hose-Standard-Upper-Lower-GATES-25480-/301533128862?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item4634c6689e&vxp=mtr

Edited by mo3chang

I've used it successfully (and unsuccessfully) before. As long as you can fit it without it kinking it should work fine. If you have kinks, you need to use the wire spring around the outside to keep it open. Some have a spring inside, some outside. Use some good quality hose clamps, and if you're lucky it will never give you any trouble at all.

• 2 weeks later...

I was able to reuse the stock hoses when I installed my 3" lift. If remember had to only replace the power steering hoses and made a cold air intake because didn't like the kink in intake hose from stock air box after lift.

• 3 weeks later...

pics will be up soon. body lift (headache) is now completed my car is at the shop having the rotors surfaced.

The flex hose looks good and so far seems to function great i have noticed a drop in temperature but that may just be the fresh coolant. I also had to replace my radiator overflow because it disintegrated when i was unscrewing the cap.

• 6 months later...

20131126_0745071_zps79539afd.jpghere are some updates of the finished project

i ended up flushing out my old radiator

used flex hose cut to size replaced the mid section with flex hose too

used a radiator hose instead of the adapter inserts that came with flex hose kit (disintegrated after a few weeks) Autozone eyballed some universal hose

20151009_155714_zps7u06csor.jpg

removed stock fan and replaced it with two 12 slim fans and a thermostat controller from ebay it wasn't a kit I've just been ordering slowly and catching deals

20151009_155720_zpsrsxhpniv.jpg

so far its held up alright its extra hot today here in Cali so i know my car is running a little hotter than usual ill update later in the week to see if it holds up

installed some piece of crap intake from ebay which i will be fixing soon . i only installed it because the stock hose had torn from the stress of angle from the lift

20151009_155724_zpsunvk4wqm.jpg

also changed over to the hardbody front end

20151009_155648_zpsy4nupxz1.jpg

With flex hose alone the month i drove in the summer the car worked fine i was just paranoid of the hoses popping off. Hopefully now that i have both the e fan and