Engine swap 2000 to 1999

Comoxrocks

Hello

Wife's pathy is rusty but trusty 2000 with 3.3 auto.

Drivetrain is strong. I can buy a 1999 3.3 5spd with blown engine and great body. My wife will be out of town for 10 days and I want to do this as hers is getting nasty aesthetically and front end wise. Pro mechanic buddy says it would be easier to keep 5spd in new vehicle due to many factors.

My question is thus: is this a straight forward swap or am I going to have headaches. Not into fabricating custom pieces etc.will a 3.3 engine that currently has auto trans bolt up to 5spd with minimal hassle. Are motor mounts etc the same.

Don't want to get started and realize that things are different. Thanks in advance.

The VG33 is the same, and yes, it would be easier to keep the 5 speed but you do have everything to swap the auto tranny as well.

Take the blown VG33 out and set aside. Take the good VG33 out of the old Pathfinder, change timing belt, hoses, thermostat, seals if appropriate, install a pilot bushing and the flywheel out of the blown motor (resurfaced if necessary), replace the clutch/pressureplace/throw out bearing if appropriate and install the new motor. Should be a weekend job with the right tools and help.

B