Tax Return well spent

AkPrecision

So just like my title says i spent my whole tax return today lol.

i woke up to about $1500. so i finally went and order my ac lift coils, 1" front spacer from steve at 4x4design, and some camber bolts just in case from a local oreillys. steve was very fast to email me back and made payment very easy. as soon as i get all this stuff in i will install it and post up some pics. i am 285/75r16 all terrains of some type. just have to see what i can get with the money left over!!!!

now one quick question if anyone knows

i have pro comp 7069 alloy rims and they are 16x8 with a 4 backspace. does anyone forsee any strut clearance issues?

thanks

mike

strut clearance isn't than an issue. you will need to do some cutting of the front bumper and rear fender wells. I'm running 31x10.5x15 and have no issue with the struts but I do rub the fender wells at full lock reverse. It's just plastic so I don't really care.

wait a sec....285... is not factory size...If you check your drivers door frame factory size should be 245x70x16

Edited by bushnut

Lucky guy, I'm going for upgrades when my return comes in too. :laugh:

I have been waiting like 3 months for this to come.i actually can't believe hour fast it was. Maybe if im lucky it will rain one more time out here in ca and the pathy will see mud lifted

Got my spacer from Steve fluery yesterday it was very fast especially from Canada. The price of the spacers are very fair especially since i see he paid just over $20 for shipping and it was insured. I got my coils in today so that only took 6 days to get here also. I will try to get them all on this sunday and tires on Wednesday. Also having my injector put in today for cylinder 2 by my buddy who is a nissan master tech. Its been a productive week for the pathy

This is how my stock height pathy looks with 285/70r17.. I had to use 2" adapters up front to pull them away from the struts and trim the bumper and the rear of the front fender. They fit just fine in the rear. No spacers,lift or trimming needed. Yours will be close to another 2" larger in diameter with new tread (mines pretty worn) so even with a 2" lift I'd image you'll need to do a similar amount of trimming.

I have pics of where they were hitting if you need them to plan but you'll be different do to different back spacing and your lift. Let me know if you would like more pics...

20150202_124545_zpsinfbgulf.jpg

Here is the difference between the 31x10.5r15s I was running on stock wheels and the 285/70s on the 17" Xterra wheels...doesn't look like much here but it's very noticeable while sitting in it, or getting in and out of it..

It also shows how far the 2" adapters set the tires out front under the fender..

20150201_093257_zpsyums1v9x.jpg

Edited by RCAR50

That looks awesome for having no lift. I have seen a few others do this same lift with these tires and had to do a bit of trimming underneath the bumper in the fender well and in the rear of the front fender well. With the 2 extra inches it actually cuts down the amount of trimming and it isnt to bad from what i have seen. I dont mind cutting some plastic off. But i wouldnt mind seeing how much trimming you had to do without the lift

This is where they were rubbing.. I only needed to trim about 2" off the bottom of the front bumper, the blame off the bottom of the fenders behind the tires and them remove a small portion of the plastic covering the washer reservoir..

20150201_092044_zps1mhi5urp.jpg

20150201_092117_zps2c7rs404.jpg

20150201_092215_zpshheoxgds.jpg

I thought I had taken pics after I trimmed it up but I guess not...

I'll get some this weekend, it's my first fender sawz-alling so it's not the prettiest but it works.

Here is a decent picture of the drivers side. I had a blow out on this side shortly after I bought the truck that left the corner of the fender badly damaged and I had no choice while trimming but to completely eliminate the bottom portion all together.. the right side is much cleaner, I'll get a pic of it in the morning.

2015-02-13%2020.32.12_zps7criqg2f.jpg

And here's the slightly better trimmed passenger side. It still rubs on a metal cover of some sort to the lower left of the strut a little at full turn to the right. I'll check it out and reshape it soon.

20150214_172017_zpshtvc6tit_edit_1423966

Cap, your Pathfinder looks great. definitely when I will be going after when I get my 4 wheel drive.

AkP, I did not mean to hijack your thread. When do we get pictures of yours with the new items?

In this pic the trimming was minimal just to get it home. Last night i flexed it and i ended up taking much more out. I removed a good amount of metal from the rocker to the rear of both front tires. After i clean it up and make it look better ill post more trimming pics.